Lapierre 127 DiscLapierre 127 Disc – 27.5″ wheel – unisex in a variety of sizes – £15/day
Dawes XC21 DiscMens and womens in a variety of sizes – £15/day
Peak Trail 3£20/day – extra large upright hybrid – Peak Trail 3
Peak Trail 1£20 per day – Upright hybrid Ladies frame with hydraulic disc brakes
Peak Trail 2£20 per day – mens upright hybrid with hydraulic disc brakes
Tandem£30/day – Will you look good on bicycle made for 2?
Tagalong£10 per day – for children that have learnt to cycle but may not have the strength to do the whole trail
Elm Farm Bike Barn – hire, sales, servicing & repair
Quality bike hire / cycle hire on a family friendly network of cycle trails in beautiful Cornwall.
A whole family experience! Explore the different landscapes of historic Cornwall whilst keeping fit and having fun.
Granite way-markers guide you through the beautiful Cornish countryside:
Visit well preserved sites of mining heritage
Enter Engine Houses look down deep shafts
Learn about Bell Maidens and Cornish Knockers
See where fortunes were gained and lost through the fluctuating price of metals such as tin and copper
All sizes of children catered for:
Whole day kids bike hire £12 (9.30am – 5.30pm)
1/2 day kids bike hire £8 for up to 3 hours (only after 1pm during school holidays)
Geared 20″, 24″ & 26″ wheel sizes available
From old ladies to little babies the whole family can enjoy a great day out with bike hire from Elm Farm.
Adult bike hire – £15 per day or £8 for up to 3 hours (after 1pm)
Baby seats – £5
Tagalongs – £10
Trailers for toddlers or dogs – £10
Purpose built cycle trails leave Elm Farm:
Suitable for young and old alike
The Mineral Tramways Network of cycle trails
Following the routes of former pony-pulled mining railways
Included with our hire bikes comes:
helmet, map & lock
pump, spare inner tube, tyre levers, multi tool set
a sling bag to carry it all
Visitors return time and time again to repeat this wonderful adventure.
Receive a warm welcome at Elm Farm Bike Hire and enjoy a healthy fun day out for all ages. Offering top quality hire bikes we will answer your questions and make sure you have all the information you need to enjoy your cycling experience in beautiful Cornwall.
Bike hire prices
- £10 for half day hire (up to 3 hrs – only available after 1pm during school holidays)
- Standard adult bike hire is £15 per day
- Premium adult bike hire is £20 per day.
2017 special offer for campers –
camping pitch + std bike hire = £20 per day.
There are many cycle route options available that are suitable for a variety of fitness levels age groups.
- Avoid the parking mayhem in Portreath during the holiday periods – Park and Ride from Elm Farm to Portreath Beach ( a flat 5 miles round trip).
- The Coast to Coast Cycle Trail (sometimes called The Bissoe Trail) runs past Elm Farm for 11 miles from the lovely coastal village of Portreath (North coast) to picturesque Devoran (south coast), alongside the stunning Restronguet Creek, and is almost exclusively on purpose built cycle paths or quiet country lanes. This is the flattest route across Cornwall which takes most people about 1 3/4 hours each way.
- Want a challenge? Try the 30 mile circular route we call Two Carns from the Farm. This route has it all with woods, quarries, hills and stunning sea views (on a good visibility day) of both north and south coasts.
- Other trails that are easily accessible from Elm farm include the Tehidy Trail, The Portreath Branch Line, Unity Woods and Wheel Busy Loop, The Chacewater & Redruth Trail and The Great Flat Lode. You can find out more about these trails on other pages in this website.