Visitors return time and time again to repeat this wonderful adventure.
A warm welcome and quality bike is what you can expect at Elm Farm. Enjoy a healthy fun day out for all ages, fitness and experience levels. We will answer your questions and make sure you have all the information and equipment needed to enjoy your cycling experience in beautiful Cornwall.
Bike hire prices
- Adult bike hire is £20 per day
- Child bike hire is £15 per day
- Pre booked groups of 10 or more get 10% discount (a group leader pays for the whole group)
- £15 for half day hire (up to 3 hrs) N.B. only available after 1pm during school holidays
- Resident campers – all hire is £10 per person per day.
There are many cycle route options available that are suitable for a variety of fitness levels age groups.
- Avoid the parking mayhem in Portreath during the holiday periods – Park and Ride from Elm Farm to Portreath Beach ( a flat 5 miles round trip).
- The Coast to Coast Cycle Trail (sometimes called The Bissoe Trail) runs past Elm Farm for 11 miles from the lovely coastal village of Portreath (North coast) to picturesque Devoran (south coast), alongside the stunning Restronguet Creek, and is almost exclusively on purpose built cycle paths or quiet country lanes. This is the flattest route across Cornwall which takes most people about 1 3/4 hours each way.
- Want a challenge? Try the 30 mile circular route we call Two Carns from the Farm. This route has it all with woods, quarries, hills and stunning sea views (on a good visibility day) of both north and south coasts.
- Other trails that are easily accessible from Elm farm include the Tehidy Trail, The Portreath Branch Line, Unity Woods and Wheel Busy Loop, The Chacewater & Redruth Trail and The Great Flat Lode. You can find out more about these trails on other pages in this website.
Granite way-markers guide you through the beautiful Cornish countryside:
Visit well preserved sites of mining heritage
Enter Engine Houses look down deep shafts
Learn about Bell Maidens and Cornish Knockers
See where fortunes were gained and lost through the fluctuating price of metals such as tin and copper
All sizes of children catered for:
Whole day kids bike hire £15 (9.30am – 5.30pm)
1/2 day kids bike hire £10 for up to 3 hours (only after 1pm during school holidays)
Geared 20″, 24″ & 26″ wheel sizes available
Adult bike hire – £20 per day or £15 for up to 3 hours (only available after 1pm during school holidays)
Baby seats – £10
Tagalongs – £15
Trailers for toddlers or dogs – £15
Purpose built cycle trails leave Elm Farm:
Suitable for young and old alike
The Mineral Tramways Network of cycle trails
Following the routes of former pony-pulled mining railways
Included with our hire bikes comes:
helmet, map & lock
pump, spare inner tube, tyre levers, multi tool set
a sling bag to carry it all
Dawes XC24 29er
Peak Trail 2
Peak Trail 1
Peak Trail 3
Try before you buy.
We will discount the price by the cost of the hire if you decide to buy an eBike from us.